WESTFIELD, Mass. — Residents of Hampden and Worcester Counties who stayed at hotels, motels or other short-term lodging at their own expense because their homes were damaged in the June 1 severe storms and tornadoes may be eligible for reimbursement of those expenses.

Survivors must have had damage to their homes or loss of utilities on or after the June 1 incident that forced them to relocate.

They must register with FEMA to determine if they are eligible for lodging reimbursement. They must provide verifiable receipts showing their name, the name of the lodging facility, dates of occupancy and the amount incurred. If they are insured, FEMA will need to see their insurance denial or settlement in order to ensure there is no duplication of benefits.

There are several ways to register with FEMA.  Please click here for details.